Come Join us!
The Community Dinner Table is based on service to our friends and neighbors; many of whom may be struggling in their lives.
We find joy in working side by side with people of all faiths to lift the burdens of those around us, and we invite everyone in the community to join with us in any way they can.
Contributions are great, but we would love to have you volunteer to help with a meal, support the food distribution efforts or help around the garden. There is more than enough work to be done and every helping hand makes a difference.
There are several ways that you can help including:
- Join with a faith or community group to prepare and serve a meal.
- Help with the Kids Korner™ at the dinners where children are able to be together to work on crafts and participate in games and stories.
- Provide entertainment at the dinners and the summer barbecue.
- Help with cleanup at the church facility before and after the dinner season.
- Help prepare and distribute the Christmas Food Baskets each year.
- Volunteer to help distribute food each week.
- Help keep the garden area clean and weed-free.
- Help with garden projects like painting, seasonal preparation and general maintenance.
- Help to prepare for, cook, serve and cleanup at the summer barbecue.
- Help with advertising, promotion and communications supporting the CDT.
- Be available to help with immediate needs as they arise.
Thank you for considering what you can do. You will forget your own problems as you find happiness serving others.
To find out more, please send an email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org